Quality Child Care Standards / Accreditation
Willows Christian Child Care Center has been accredited since 2012 through the National Accreditation Commission (NAC). NAC was designed in 1991. For more information about NAC: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through accreditation, Willows is committed to a higher quality of child care by:
- Implementing curricula that promotes cognitive, language, motor, and social / emotional development of children in a creative and explorative manner, while fostering positive self-esteem for all children.
- Conducting continual child assessments to track the progress and needs of our children which helps to better meet these needs through our daily activities.
- Demonstrating appropriate attention to the areas of health and safety by maintaining the interior and exterior premises.
- Promoting and welcoming and open environment for families through staff that operate in a professional and ethical manner.
- Demonstrating best practices in leadership and management, with accountability to our families, staff and the community.
YoungStar Quality Rating System
Willows 5-Star YoungStar Rating
As of December 14, 2010, all providers who accept Wisconsin Shares subsidy payments are required to participate in the YoungStar Quality Rating System.
The goal of the YoungStar is to improve the quality of child care and reward high quality providers by establishing a Star quality rating system for all child care providers. 1 star signifying this program does not meet basic standards and 5-Star signifying the program meets the highest level of quality standards.
Willows Christian Child Care Center Inc. has been a 5 Star rated program since November 10, 2012.
For more YoungStar information: dcf.wisconsin.gov/youngstar
National Accreditation Commission Standards Overview
Has 91 Standards divided into 6 component areas. The Standards with their Indicators are organized by component area into the Administrator’s Report and Classroom Observation. Indicators are the specific requirements used to verify compliance with that standard.
Standards in the Administrator’s Report are grouped in three components:
Standards in the Classroom Observation are grouped in three components:
Willows Exceptional Quality
- NAC Accredited with a 5-Star YoungStar Quality Rating
- Teachers have Bachelor/Associate Degrees and receive 30 hours annually of on-going Education/Training.
- Quarterly Parent Board Meetings Facilitate Communications and Foster Positive Relationships.
- Non-Profit 501(c)(3) FIN: 39-1758911
Willows Exceptional Care
- Quality Child Care is our Career
- Meals and Snacks are prepared on site and meet standards in the USDA Food Program
- Teachers have 100+ years of Experience in Child Care
- Curriculum is Developmentally Appropriate
- Kindergarten Readiness Skills are Stressed
For more Information concerning Enrollment or Prices, please contact us at:
Hours of Operation: 6:00am - 5:30pm
Monday - Friday
Ages Served: 6 weeks - 13 years