Parental Involvement Critical to Success
Parent involvement is important. Parent/teacher conferences are scheduled twice a year in the spring and the fall. Parents are encouraged to speak with teachers and/or Willows Director at any time regarding questions, concerns and suggestions.
Several planned activities provide an opportunity for parents to be actively involved. Activities range from field trip chaperones to attending our annual summer picnic. Willows encourages Parents, Grandparents and other extended Family to share their personal interest (i.e., storytelling, music, painting, singing, sports, ect.) with the children. To schedule a visit contact Willows at (920) 625-3943.
Childcare Development Websites:
Wisconsin Department of Children and Families (licensing)
Quality Child Care Checklist:
Choosing the proper childcare is an important decision, take your time and compare centers, make sure you choose the perfect fit for your family. Also, switching childcare arrangements is confusing and disruptive to a child. Use the checklist below to help select the right childcare for you and your family. For more information visit Wisconsin Department of Children and Families childcare information for parents web site.
Are the early care providers:
- Respectful to the children and co-workers?
- Trained in early childhood with a Bachelor or Associate Degree?
- Continuing their education on a yearly basis?
- Trained in CPR and First Aid?
- Maintaining proper child to teacher ratios?
- Friendly and open to new families?
- Genuinely enjoying working with children?
- Using positive guidance techniques?
- Working at the children’s level?
- How does it smell (clean and fresh)?
- Does it sound happy (no shouting or excessive crying)?
- Do the children seem to be having fun and enjoying the center?
- Is diversity respected in pictures on the wall and toys?
- Are toys easily accessible to the children and in good condition?
- Is proper hand washing procedure used?
- Are daily schedules posted?
- Are there different areas in the rooms for different activities?
- Is indoor and outdoor play equipment in good condition?
- Is the building temperature comfortable for the children?
- Any visible potential hazards?
- Evacuation information posted (fire/tornado)?
- License posted with any violations?
- Are bathrooms clean and easily accessible to children?
- Emergency numbers posted?